How to bake delicious,yummy cupcakes in just 20-25 minute
This is a very soft and moist coconut carrot cupcake which consists of coconut brown sugar, and flavored with spices. They are also topped with silky smooth cream cheese frosting which is similar to carrot cake.
Carrot Cake Should be Spiced & Moist
Carrot cake is good only if it is very moist and spiced well. Dry carrot cake doesn’t taste good enough. This final product will enhance more flavorful and moist carrot cake cupcakes. There are many moist makers in these carrot cake cupcakes and in this recipe oil, brown sugar to the eggs and Greek yogurt plays a key role as moist maker.
Check the 2 ingredients which play major role here
Carrots: We need whole carrots and grate them in a clean bowl . Using fresh carrots would be really a good tip since shredded carrots which are available in markets are much drier and thicker and we can miss a lot of moisture which might give a good cupcake.
Coconut: Since carrot has a major role in this recipe, we cannot ignore the coconut. It is always best to use shredded coconut which is sweetened in these cupcakes recipes as it is a little sticky and adds more moisture to these cupcakes.
Steps to Make Coconut Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Let’s start by preheating the oven to 177°C and line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- We need to whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves together in a large bowl.
- Now start whisking wet ingredients like oil, brown sugar, eggs, yogurt, vanilla and coconut extract until it’s combined completely later with the mixture of carrots and coconut to this wet mixture.
- We can combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and we can see that the Batter will have a thick consistency.
- Start pouring the batter into the liners and it should be filled only 2/3 full to avoid spilling over.
- We can keep the trays in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes . Once the baking period is done , we can check the status of cupcakes by pricking the toothpick in the center of the cupcakes which has to come out clean to be sure that it cooked perfectly.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before we can start frosting.
- Make the frosting: To prepare the frosting we need a big bowl and add the cream cheese and butter together .Whisk this mixture with a hand mixer or electric mixture on a high speed until it’s silky and smooth. We can add vanilla or coconut extract and salt. We need to beat this on low speed for 30 seconds , later can be switched to high speed and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Now we can start applying this frosting on cooled cupcakes as per your choice and decorate it with coconut flakes.
These cupcakes taste even better after a few hours because the flavors will suck all the flavours .Most importantly, the moisture prevails and the cream cheese frosting sets into the tops. They are the perfect treat to make ahead of time like 2 days before any occasions birthdays,housewarming parties etc.